The primary yard is located directly underneath the main station and trains can reach it by going through a helix. There’s also an alternative route going from the yard to the express/urban lines for additional variety in train flow.
The yard consists of 24 tracks, 23 of which serve as storage tracks. The 24th track is the return loop which uses the Littfinski return loop module to detect and adjust power. A total of 33 Peco code 55 medium turnouts are used, all powered by ESU servo’s and Switchpilot Servo / Switchpilot Extension combinations. It also has 11 occupancy detectors connected to a total of 42 blocks.
The track are divided as follows:
- 11 1-block terminal tracks for 16 car trains
- 5 1-block through tracks for up to 16 car trains
- 3 2-block through tracks for up to 8 car trains
- 1 3-block through track for up to 5 car trains
- 1 4-block through track for up to 4 car trains
- 1 5-block through track for up to 3 car trains
- 1 8-block through track for up to 2 car trains